Nick is a highly experienced economist and public policy advisor, with a track record of successfully leading and managing significant policy reviews and evaluations.
Nick is an experienced economist and public policy expert who has advised governments on a wide range of economic, regulatory and machinery-of-government issues. His key skill is breaking down problems to their essence, drawing on evidence and analysis to identify the best solutions, and packaging advice to decision-makers in ways that enable them to make confident decisions.
Nick has specialist skills in public policy analysis and evaluation, public sector financial management, and economic and financial analysis. Before joining MartinJenkins in 2004 he held senior policy roles at the New Zealand Treasury and Ministry of Economic Development, and worked as a regulatory analyst at Merrill Lynch International in London.
Since joining us Nick has led an extensive portfolio of high-profile public policy and evaluation assignments across a diverse array of sectors, including business and regional development, science and innovation, building and construction, education, justice, and international development. Recent examples of Nick’s work include:
managing the education sector budget process for the Ministry of Education
leading policy development on the establishment of Callaghan Innovation as a new Crown Entity
leadership of machinery-of-government advice to support the Department of Internal Affairs to focus on its ICT functional leadership mandate
- undertaking high-profile evaluations for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO).
- EVALUATION OF STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES FOR INTERNATIONAL AGENCY'S EDUCATION PROGRAMME
- EVALUATION OF PASIFIKA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Click to view more
- REVIEW OF CROWN RESEARCH INSTITUTES
- AFFORDABLE AND SOCIAL HOUSING
- BUILDING REGULATORY REFORM
- FACILITATING INTEGRATED HEALTH CARE
- ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF A TERTIARY INSTITUTION
- DESIGN OF A NEW ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE
- ADVISING ON STRATEGIES AND FRAMEWORKS FOR EVALUATION AND RESEARCH
- ACCIDENT COMPENSATION REFORM
- REVIEW OF EVALUATION FUNCTION FOR GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT