Donna is a business improvement specialist with a knack for tailoring process solutions to neatly fit your organisation, delivering system changes that integrate effectively with your operating culture.
Donna joined MartinJenkins as a consultant in 2014, bringing with her considerable experience leading structured improvement initiatives in the public and private sectors. She has top-notch technical skills in continuous improvement practice, and strengths in training and knowledge transfer.
Donna combines her coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills with acute observation of the organisation dynamic. Her collaborative approach allows her to devise process solutions with client groups that reflect the reality of the work environment and form the basis of enduring improvements.
Donna has particular expertise in continuous improvement tools and techniques (including Lean Six Sigma), development of adult learning, workflow analyses and design, and the ability to establish cohesive project teams.
Her recent experience includes the development and management of improvement projects involving business processes, procurement, IT and work practices, using formal project methodology when appropriate – she is a certified Prince 2 Project Management practitioner. She is also a proficient information organiser with extensive experience in the development of procedure, policy, and instructional documentation and a flair for visual representations of complex systems.
She has a strong track record for building relationships across diverse groups that support long-lasting change within organisations.
Examples of Donna’s work include:
- Senior advisor roles in performance and continuous improvement, for Inland Revenue, AMP and the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF)
- The latter role involved establishing a continuous improvement programme and framework within the Defence Shared Services, including leading the design and implementation of training programmes to cement in new practices
- Guiding Hutt City Council in the streamlining of its building consent process, to achieve process efficiencies and improve stakeholder engagement
- Project leadership for New Zealand Veterans Affairs, to develop new process in parallel with the organisation’s new policy and procedure development, and effectively coordinated the delivery of the products within the agreed timeframes
- Development of a continuous improvement capability framework for New Zealand Customs Service New Zealand].