A respected evaluator and researcher with a collaborative style, Donella designs fit-for-purpose evaluation and research projects that support continuous improvement.
Drawing on her in-depth understanding of public policy and her wide-ranging experience across government, Donella designs fit-for-purpose evaluation and research projects that support continuous improvement for our clients. She produces clear evidence and valuable advice for decision-makers and programme users.
Donella’s collaborative style gets the best out of the clients she works with, and she particularly enjoys working in cross-cultural and community settings. She is an insightful and skilled interviewer, and she stresses the need for reflection throughout a project.
Before joining MartinJenkins in 2009, Donella worked for the Labour Market Policy Group of the then-Department of Labour, the Families Commission, and Te Puni Kōkiri. She was also a research manager for a major NGO in the United Kingdom, the Royal National Institute of the Blind. Donella specialises in qualitative research, and she has particular expertise in designing evaluation frameworks and methods and in helping clients pinpoint their information needs.
At MartinJenkins Donella has led and contributed to evaluation, research and review projects for a wide range of clients, including the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, the Health Quality and Safety Commission, Creative New Zealand, Te Puni Kōkiri, and the Ministry of Social Development. Donella has also provided leadership for a number of projects in the education sector, including an evaluation of Integrated Attendance Services and research into students with moderate special education needs.
- RESEARCH AND EVALUATION TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW ATTENDANCE SERVICE
- ASSESSMENT OF THE REGIONAL IMPACT OF THE ARTS SECTOR
Click to view more
- RESEARCH INTO YOUNG NEW ZEALAND ARTISTS
- REVIEW OF THE NATIONAL MORTALITY REVIEW PROGRAMME
- REVIEW OF OCCUPATIONAL REGULATION
- SOCIAL SECTOR TRIALS EVALUATION
- ADVISING ON STRATEGIES AND FRAMEWORKS FOR EVALUATION AND RESEARCH
- REVIEW OF THE MĀORI COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ACT
- EVALUATION OF HIGH PERFORMANCE WORKING INITIATIVE
- BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION SECTOR: CHRISTCHURCH RELOCATION INTENTIONS