A general management consultant, Tom has specific experience in organisational strategy and development, programme management, business process improvement, and reviewing performance efficiency and effectiveness.
Tom has more than 25 years’ experience in advising clients on organisational strategy and performance improvement. He also has particular strengths in regulatory strategy and implementation.
Tom joined MartinJenkins in 2009, having worked previously as a Director in PricewaterhouseCoopers’ Public Sector Consulting practice. Tom has a wealth of experience as a trusted senior advisor to public-sector clients in core departments, Crown entities and statutory agencies.
Tom’s focus is on working with organisations to achieve significant improvements in operational performance and breakthroughs in strategic direction.
Examples of Tom’s work include:
working with New Zealand regulatory agencies in the transport and natural resource sectors to develop regulatory strategy and achieve performance gains
leading business process improvement assignments for the Ministry of Māori Development (Te Puni Kōkiri), the Ministry for the Environment and the Department of Corrections
managing significant programmes of work such as the Department of Labour’s preparedness programme for the 2011 Rugby World Cup, and the implementation of Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) regulation by the Environmental Protection Authority.
- RE-DESIGNING CORPORATE SERVICES PROCESSES
- TRANSFER OF REGULATORY FUNCTIONS AND ORGANISATIONAL DESIGN WORK
Click to view more
- VALUE-FOR-MONEY REVIEW OF EMERGENCY SERVICES COORDINATOR
- VALUE-FOR-MONEY REVIEW OF TRANSPORT AUTHORITY
- DEVELOPING AN OPERATING MODEL FOR SERVICE PROVISION
- REVIEWING CONTRACT AND INVESTMENT PROCESSES
- DESIGNING AND DEVELOPING CAPABILITY, POLICIES, PROCESSES, ACTIVITIES AND SYSTEMS FOR EFFECTIVE OPERATIONS