Philippa is a local government innovation specialist, with a strong background in technology and communications, and public and corporate partnerships.
Philippa’s strengths are in leveraging technology to drive innovation, developing practical solutions and establishing functional partnerships across diverse organisations. She has a comprehensive understanding of local government, having spent the last seven years as Head of Innovation at Wellington City Council.
Philippa has a wide range of skills and a broad knowledge base from her 22 years advising on technology across public and private sectors. Her skills include people management, project design and implementation, relationship management and strategy development.
Her previous experience includes:
• Development and execution of the Wellington City Digital Strategy in partnership with the city’s technology sector – to increase the city’s international reputation as a ‘digital creative capital city’.
• Speaking at Harvard University on city innovation.
• Development of city sensing and ‘Internet of Things’ projects to position Wellington as New Zealand’s smart capital.
• Government relations and policy work for sector organisations in screen, music, telecommunications and technology.
• Portfolio advisor to the Minister of Broadcasting through the transition from analogue to digital television.